Monday, June 27, 2011

Hiya

Sometimes I run a lot. Sometimes I run just a little. I love it and I hate it. I never follow any sort of training schedule, there are no tempo runs or fartleks in my world. I just do it. This is how you don't train for a marathon. This right here, people. I've run a million 5 and 10K's and 4 half marathons, so this will be the first full big M for me.

I run to decompress, to make the crazy girl in my head shut it or at least become a whisper, and to feel good. I love the breeze, the sunshine, the trees, the rhythm as my feet hit the ground. I even love the achy exhaustion that comes at the end of a hard run, the catching of my breath in my chest, and the unique feeling that my body was meant to do this and to be this alive.

When I try to regiment myself too much, I start to hate running. I mope around until I get it done, I set my expectations too high and feel defeated if I don't do what I think I should do.

In the past I've struggled with balance, I'm hoping to find it, in running and in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment